At Out & Out Original we love a picnic, which is why we thought it would be great to make a picnic set with a contemporary twist.
The Parsons Outdoor Wooden Picnic Set is made from beautiful chunky Brazilian Hardwood. Our hardwood is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council meaning that it has come from managed plantations and is not contributing to the worlds deforestation problems. It consists of one large 150cm long dining table, two elegantly proportioned benches and two tailor made high quality bench cushions. Picnic sets are a great British classic so we thought why not bring back this category with a sleek, minimlaist and modern design. The benches are sized so they conveniently slide into the picnic table to save space when not in use which makes them ideal for when you have the family and kids over!
If you are still not sure about what wood to buy, why not read our Buyers Guide to Wooden Garden Furniture where you can get an insight into the different available wood species out there and what works and doesn't within your budget. Our sustainable hardwood is fanstastic value for money and the thick components will stand up well to mother nature. To maintain your Parsons wooden picnic set simply lightly sand and oil it once a year to keep it in a great condition, the wood over time will crack slightly but we have carefully designed this set with extra wood support in order to increase its longevity!
For maintenance advice and information on the characteristics of Eucalyptus Hardwood and the natural changes this material experiences over time, be sure to take a look at the ‘Cleaning & Care’ tab.
We aim to deliver all orders within 3-10 working days, with the exclusion of Scotland where during busy times it can take us upto 14 days to arrange delivery.
What are our delivery charges?
|Orders under £50||Delivery charge £9.99|
|Orders £50-£100||Delivery charge £14.99|
|Orders over £100||Delivery charge £29.99|
|Optional Assembly||£49.95 as premium|
What is the 2-Person Delivery Service?
Our two person delivery service includes the following:
All of our products are covered by a One Year Structural Guarantee unless otherwise stated. Therefore, if any of our products develop faults during this time, please contact us and we can issue you with a replacement. Exceptions to this guarantee are:
The FSC Brasilian Eucalyptus wood comes with a 2 year construction guarantee. To maintain original colour and finish, lightly sand and re-oil once per year. Slight cracks will appear over time in extreme cases as with all natural materials.
Cleaning & Care:
General Garden Furniture Assembly Tips:
• Try to assemble your furniture near to where it will be placed to avoid having to move it once assembled.
• Be sure to place your furniture on a flat and even surface to prevent unnecessary stress on the connecting joints.
• If you need to move your furniture elsewhere, make sure you get somebody to help you lift it. Do not drag the furniture, as this can damage it.
• If you have assembled your furniture yourself, be sure to regularly check the bolts and re-tighten them if necessary.
• Use coasters and placements to protect your furniture’s surface from any hot pans, plates or glassware.
Parsons Cleaning & Care FAQ's:
Can my furniture be left outside year-round?
Whilst eucalyptusis rot-proof to withstand outdoor use we recommend bringing your eucalyptus furniture inside during the winter months or any harsh weather conditions. If this isn't possible then you can simply use a furniture cover, but please make sure the set is well ventilated otherwise mould may form.
Do I need to do any regular maintenance on my furniture?
Simply wash the furniture (without the cushions) using a brush and soapy water once a year to remove any algae and lichens from the eucalyptus. You can then opt to apply an outdoor wood oil to give the wood colour and a new surface finish, we recommend contacting your local DIY store for suitable oils.
Will the appearance of my table change over time?
Can the cushions be left outside when not in use?
We recommend storing seat cushions indoors (such as in a shed or outbuilding) during any adverse weather or when the set is not in use to keep them in good condition.
Are the cushions machine washable?
• All of our cushions have zippers so the cushion covers can be removed for cleaning. We would recommend either a very light machine wash, or better still, hand wash your cushion covers in lukewarm water to avoid any shrinkage or distortion of the fabric.
• In case of any accidental spillage on the seat cushions, immediately wipe away any excess liquid and gently press paper towels/ tissue onto the spilled area to minimise seepage into the cushion before machine/hand washing.