A reflection on January - the unexpectedly blissful month.
It’s the start of a new year, and perhaps all hands should really be on deck / at action stations / grabbing the bull by the horns but with December’s madness, clutter and chaos, January comes as a sweet relief to the mayhem and action. With a distinct lull in social plans, a tree-free home and not a scrap of glitter in sight (in our house, anyway) the new year, and new month brings a sense of calm and order.
It begins with the annual clear up of decorations. Glitter and tinsel are banished to the loft for another year, and suddenly the home feels bare. The perfect opportunity to fully assess the day to day junk that sneaks up on us, and start the new year afresh. A tidy home makes for a tidy mind, after all!
We’ve noticed something a little more drastic, and it’s taking the interiors world by storm… why stop at a general spruce up when you can go the whole hog and fully refresh the entire home. Enter the art of clean living…
With beautifully blonde wood, calming greys and neutrals, you could almost be forgiven for thinking this is just another take on the increasingly popular Scandi trend. Wall to wall untreated wood, scarcely placed accessories and a beautifully clutter-free appearance - The art of clean living may not be a widely registered term, but we like it, and here’s why:
1. The enhanced light. A pale colour palette works to maximise the natural light
2. The art of clean living fully embraces the lack of clutter, with everything hidden neatly out of sight
3. It creates opportunities to highlight key features and play with statement pieces throughout the home
4. Who doesn’t love an orderly, organised home. Take the guess work out of life and feel the stress float away
5. Clean living doesn’t mean it can’t be cosy. create a relaxing, calm space to come home to
So there we have it - the Out & Out Original mantra for January and beyond. The first month of a new year is a time to set the standards for the following 11 to come, and this year we can’t help but feel a little smug at just how fresh-faced and ready we are for them!
Try the trend yourself with our pale woods collection…
Additional photo credits // www.houseofgrey.co.uk | www.lightlocations.com | www.kristynoble.co.uk