The District Eight Rand office chair is ideal for those who are looking to create a distinctly industrial modern look. The beauty of this office armchair lies in its combination of materials. Firstly it is built on a toughened steel frame, making it durable and long lasting for all that 'productivity' you are going to put it through! Second, it is upholstered in real, authentic leather making it comfy and durable but most importantly, adding to a modern, industrial look.
District Eight Design sources its cast iron from imported vintage machine parts, primarily Japanese weaving looms. These parts are sorted into salvageable components with the rest being melted down and recreated as table legs through hand laid sand-casting. Minor imperfections from this process add to the authenticity and uniqueness of the finished piece. All castings at District Eight are produced from 100% authentic recycled material, which are then electrochemically treated against corrosion, blackened, waxed and oiled to give each piece its own individuality.
Care & Cleaning
All of our products are covered by a One Year Structural Guarantee unless otherwise stated. Therefore, if any of our products develop faults during this time, please contact us and we can issue you with a replacement. Exceptions to this guarantee are:
- Domestic products used in commercial environments
- General Wear and Tear
- Faults due to misuse or inappropriate due care
12 month constructional warranty covers any manufacturing faults and also fabric integrity.
General Indoor Furniture Assembly & Care Tips:
• Try to assemble your furniture near to where it will be placed to avoid having to move it once assembled.
• Be sure to place your furniture on a flat and even surface to prevent unnecessary stress on the connecting joints.
• If you need to move your furniture elsewhere, make sure you get somebody to help you lift it. Do not drag the furniture, as this can damage the item itself, as well as the floor.
• If you have assembled your furniture yourself, be sure to regularly check the bolts and re-tighten them if necessary.
• Ideally try to place your furniture away from elements such as sunlight, heat, moisture, excessive temperatures and air conditioning units.
District 8 Cleaning & Care FAQ's:
What happens if I spill something on my furniture?
If accidental spillage occurs, immediately wipe away any excess liquid and press paper towels onto the spilled area to minimise the liquid from seeping into the cushions. Use a clean, well wrung cloth to wipe away any stains. Use a gentle cleaning solution which is suitable for leather upholstery if necessary, testing this on a usually invisible part of the cover before use.
Do I need to do any regular maintenance to my furniture to keep it in good condition?
The fabric can be lightly vacuumed or brushed regularly to remove any dust or crumbs if necessary.