The District Eight stool collection compliments the District Eight range perfectly. The hand braised metal joinery only possible from District Eight's team of specialised craftsman combines with original cast iron collars and an adjustable seat to create something truly original. This model comes with a beautifully hand turned and stained weathered oak wood seat and includes a pressed steel adjustable backrest. District Eight Design sources its cast iron from imported vintage machine parts, primarily Japanese weaving looms. These parts are sorted into salvageable components with the rest being melted down and recreated as table legs through hand laid sand-casting. Minor imperfections from this process add to the authenticity and uniqueness of the finished piece. All castings at District Eight are produced from 100% authentic recycled material, which are then electrochemically treated against corrosion, blackened, waxed and oiled to give each piece its own individuality.
Care & Cleaning
All of our products are covered by a One Year Structural Guarantee unless otherwise stated. Therefore, if any of our products develop faults during this time, please contact us and we can issue you with a replacement. Exceptions to this guarantee are:
- Domestic products used in commercial environments
- General Wear and Tear
- Faults due to misuse or inappropriate due care
Free 1 Year Guarantee
General Indoor Furniture Assembly & Care Tips:
• Try to assemble your furniture near to where it will be placed to avoid having to move it once assembled.
• Be sure to place your furniture on a flat and even surface to prevent unnecessary stress on the connecting joints.
• If you need to move your furniture elsewhere, make sure you get somebody to help you lift it. Do not drag the furniture, as this can damage the item itself, as well as the floor.
• If you have assembled your furniture yourself, be sure to regularly check the bolts and re-tighten them if necessary.
• Ideally try to place your furniture away from elements such as sunlight, heat, moisture, excessive temperatures and air conditioning units.
District 8 Cleaning & Care FAQ's:
What happens if I spill something on my furniture?
If liquid is spilled on the wooden surface, wipe immediately but gently with a clean and firmly wrung damp cloth, drying afterwards with a dry cloth. Avoid rubbing any spilled liquids into the wooden surface.
Do I need to do any regular maintenance to my furniture to keep it in good condition?
• For regular cleaning, use a damp sponge or cloth and clean water. Wipe the entire surface to take care of any small hairline scratches, daily wear and tear or dust build up.
• Do not use spirits, bleaches or any other chemical cleaners.
• Over time, wooden furniture which has been pre-treated with oil may dry out. To maintain the finish of your furniture, we recommend regular treatments with suitable oil as recommended by your local stores.