Care & Cleaning
We've listed below some useful FAQ's but if you have other questions regarding caring for your new sofa just call us on 02037 728752 or email us on [email protected] and one of our in-house designers will ensure you get the answer you need...no matter how technical or simple it may be!
Do I need to do any regular maintenance to my furniture to keep it in good condition?
· We recommend regularly vacuuming or brushing the sofa lightly to remove any dust, crumbs, or pet hair.
· Over time, wooden furniture which has been pre-treated with oil may dry out. To maintain the finish of the chair's legs, we recommend regular treatments with suitable oil as recommended by your local stores.
What happens if I spill something on my furniture?
· If accidental spillage occurs, immediately wipe away any excess liquid and press paper towels onto the spilled area to minimise the liquid from seeping into the cushions. Use a clean, well wrung cloth to wipe away any stains. Use a gentle cleaning solution which is suitable for upholstery if necessary, testing this on a usually invisible part of the cover before use.
· Removable cushion covers can either be hand washed, or placed on a very light washing cycle to remove any stains.
General Indoor Furniture Assembly & Care Tips:
• Try to assemble your furniture near to where it will be placed to avoid having to move it once assembled.
• Be sure to place your furniture on a flat and even surface to prevent unnecessary stress on the connecting joints.
• If you need to move your furniture elsewhere, make sure you get somebody to help you lift it. Do not drag the furniture, as this can damage the item itself, as well as the floor.
• If you have assembled your furniture yourself, be sure to regularly check the bolts and re-tighten them if necessary.
• Ideally try to place your furniture away from elements such as sunlight, heat, moisture, excessive temperatures and air conditioning units.